Vanessa Van Edwards is a Huffington Post columnist and her groundbreaking work has been featured on NPR, the Wall Street Journal, the Today Show and USA Today. Her organisation, Science of People, is a human behavior research lab with the goal of teaching you how people work.
Understanding people is the most important life skill a person can have. Yet, we are not taught people skills in school nor do our parents sit us down and teach us how to interact effectively.
In this episode Vanessa is going to discuss how we can use non verbal communication to increase sales and have more influence over our conversations. You’ll learn that many of her tech entrepreneur clients are so clued up with the technical know how and book smarts, that they completely neglect their emotional intelligence.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The cost of not mastering your non verbal communication
- The typical lightbulb moment that Vanessa’s clients experience
- The value of ‘encoding’ and ‘de-coding’ when it comes to non verbal communication
- The biggest mistake people make when pitching their business
- How many of us can be predisposed to negativity
Enjoy this episode? You may like ‘How To Out-Teach Your Competition’ from Highrise CEO, Nate Kontny.